9.05.2009

Fun frenzy

We finished our registry today! I was a little frustrated because the staff was extremely unhelpful, but we figured it out ourselves. I had started the registry online after researching the "big ticket" items, but wanted to go together to finish the rest.

Men and women are very different creatures... my system was to carefully check items off the list in my hand as we made decisions. Jack's system was to start at aisle 1 and scan mercilessly until we made it to aisle 40. I have to admit his system was better. We found a glider we both liked, and that was my take-home present today! I was so surprised! It's comfortable and will look great in the room.

I got so tickled watching Jack scan the cute little toys and rattles and clothes. I think he had even more fun than I did! Where I can take 10 minutes to decide between one item and another, he can make an educated decision in the blink of an eye. It makes me nuts sometimes but I'm grateful for it!

The belly-touchers have come out for the season! It really doesn't bother me - I'm just so excited to finally feel excited! I've got some great new clothes that I feel really pretty in. Lisa is in town for Mom's CD signing and this will be the first she's really seen me since the first week in August. I know she will be excited and surprised. I'll have to wear the Future Sooner shirt over tonight to watch a little of the game with her. :o)

1 comment: