Baby LJ is getting bigger every day, and so is his momma. All of a sudden within the last couple weeks he's "popped" quite a bit and even more of my favorite clothes are being retired every day. With the sudden growth has come significant back pain! My chiropractor has become my best friend lately. I am resting propped up and icing my whole back several times daily, and I can tell a big difference.
We have several great friends who have offered to host showers for LJ - trying to find dates in November/December has been a challenge! It's overwhelming how quickly the holiday season books up, with church, business, family, and personal commitments.
It's the first of October today, and the last few days have lent themselves to much reflection on my schedule and priorities. In the effort to create a simplified, more prioritized schedule, we had our most successful business month ever, I got more rest than ever before, and feel more calm than I remember feeling in a long time. In effect, simplifying my life is allowing me to focus on what's truly important and allot my time to those activities without feeling frantic or desperate for time. Every day is full and fast, but I can lay my head on the pillow every night truly knowing I accomplished specific goals and made significant progress that day. The house is more organized, I'm able to handle the mail/phone calls in a timely manner. I feel like this is the lifestyle and mental health I've been missing out on for the last 10 years of my life!
LJ is getting SO WIGGLY!! He's awake and moving about an hour after I get up, again at about 4PM, and then the real party starts at about 11PM. I'm getting used to falling asleep with the circus going on in there! We don't get to see him again for awhile, but we do go in for another appointment on Monday to hear his heart and get a good check-up.
It's time to put the ice packs away and get to the chiropractor again before another productive day! Happy October to all!
Our life is frittered away by detail - simplify, simplify. -- Henry David Thoreau
No comments:
Post a Comment