10.06.2009

in the wee hours

I had every intention of grabbing a couple extra winks this morning, but the universe had other ideas! I've snuggled up with the morning news, my laptop, the dogs, and a cozy cup of coffee. Making lemonade out of lemons, so to speak. The culprit of my too-early morning: a spooky and too-real-and-close-to-home dream. In the dream I lost my nephew in a busy hospital and immediately became wrapped up in a 5 million dollar lawsuit, in addition to public shame by my in-laws. (shudder.) Would the psych experts be more concerned about my subconscious fear of being unable to adequately care for a child, or my subconscious feelings of desperation for control over the events in my life? Hmm.... I think I'll invest in self-therapy via coffee and dogs instead. Since when do dreams become so specific anyway? I can't remember numbers in waking life, but now they are showing up in my sleep!

We had our 25-week appointment yesterday, and all is well. Got the glucose test scheduled for next week and lots of questions answered about hospital registration, child-care classes, pediatricians, cord-blood banking, etc. Jack made me chuckle - he asked our doc point-blank who on the list is the best pediatrician. When she laughed out loud, he asked, "No, seriously, who do YOU use?" I appreciate his directness so much but every once in awhile it still catches me off guard! I have to give the man props - he doesn't mince words and gets questions answered much more quickly and efficiently than I do!!

We will head to the hospital on Friday to register! When our doctor mentioned yesterday that our next visit will mark the beginning of our bi-monthly appointments, it was a big wake-up call. Jack laughed when I reacted. I can't believe we're already to this point, and I know the next three months are going to fly by. Even with the worry in the early weeks, I have enjoyed every second of the journey and I'm so thankful and blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment