We also received a blessing card today from Grandpa Toenjes. This is the prayer it contained:
O Mary, most pure Virgin and Mother of God! Be mindful of that moment when you saw your newly born Babe for the first time and folded Him in your arms. Through this joy to your maternal heart, obtain for me the grace that I and my child may be protected from all dangers of soul and body.
Oh Mary, Mother of my Savior! Be mindful of the unspeakable joy you received when, after three days of painful seeking, you again found your Divine Son. Through this great joy, obtain for me the grace to bring into the world a healthy and well-formed child.
I come to you, Mary, in these hours of expectancy with confidence and love. hear my prayers and accept as your own the precious treasure God is entrusting to me. I offer you and your Son the body, soul, and entire life of my child. Help me to be a good mother in word and example that my little one may learn of your greatness and grow in love for you and your Son. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment