I have been really good about my diet so far. Unintentional portion control has actually caused a bit of weight loss up so far. I'm getting lots of dairy (yogurt, cottage cheese, cream cheese, milk) and lots of fiber (doctored-up english muffins and a supplement). I've stayed away from the bad stuff (sugars and caffeine and empty carbs). I've added vegetables to most dinners and downed water like it's going off the planet. So far. Sense the theme?
I notice now that I am starting to really want the "bad" stuff that I used to munch pre-pregnancy without remorse - soda, greasy french fries, donuts and coffee, and oh yeah - half a pizza. I heard somewhere that you should just indulge a small bit of the naughty food to keep yourself happy and forget the craving. Right - it's kind of like potato chips - you can't have just one!!!
So this morning I'm living in the land of food-regret. But even in the moment somehow I'm having an epic inner struggle as to whether or not to throw on my sneakers and sunglasses and go get donuts and a big fat cheesy kolache at the shop up the road.
I guess regret is not all THAT bad.....
I love reading about your pregnancy adventure Jess! Praying for you!
ReplyDelete