7.21.2009

Changes

Jack is starting to talk a lot more about the baby! He has always been excited but as weeks pass he seems even more so. He found his baby bear, Winnie the Pooh, and set him up on the shelf. He beamed when I looked surprised, and then said, "Not for dogs... for baby." We've been talking about how the dogs will do. Dallas is incredibly sweet and gentle, but Quincy will probably steal Cheerios right out of the baby's hands.

I can't tell if it's the cold medicine or if "pregnant brain" is starting to sneak in. Okay, go ahead and make the jokes... I wasn't far away from it in the first place. I just feel really fuzzy. I've been out two days in a row without a stitch of makeup on my face - who IS this person? Thankfully Jack has been helpful getting ready for our trip this week. I would never have pulled this event together on my own accord.

We realized today that the likely reason I've dropped so much weight (I'm leaner now than I've been in 6-7 years) is that I have no appetite for sugar. My outrageous sweet-tooth is strangely absent. I'm thankful. It's helped me stay better hydrated and feel less sluggish. I guess this would be a good habit to keep up. A glass of juice is sweet enough for me.

Still praying for Holly - she's at Methodist under observation for slight contractions and a bleed from a low-lying blood vessel. They're expecting baby Evan in as little as 2 weeks! So exciting!

So many friends have proven to be so supportive and excited about our little bun! It's been neat to share stories and really talk about what we've been through. I have been strongly cautioned to wear lower heels, drink more water, and rest as much as possible. Not bad advice! Except for that part about the heels... I know I'll be out of them before I know it but I'm desperately hanging on until the very last minute!

God loves us not because of who we are, but because of who He is

No comments:

Post a Comment