7.19.2009

Pregnancy Glow (it's not so glamorous)

So this is a full-blown sinus bug! I can tell I'm running a fever off and on (I'm hopping between sweatsuit and skivvies every 20 minutes). The biggest bummer is that any meds worth taking are not safe! It's ALL worth it, and this too shall pass.

A great friend experienced a placenta previa bleed today at 31 weeks into her pregnancy. She is safe and healthy, and so is the baby, praise the Lord. I am so grateful we live in the age of incredible technology and amazing medical professionals. The take-home message I received is that no activity, no commitment, no event is worth risking health or family.

After some reading today - once the splitting headache subsided - I found out that the twinges I'm feeling are likely tendons stretching to make room for Junior. They should be manageable by standing/sitting/bending slowly and avoiding making sharp bends getting out of bed. I am also reading Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy. It's funny, true, and incredibly WRONG! The woman doesn't sugar-coat anything.

I can tell this little one is going to give us a run for our money! I am waking up on the hour, every hour at night. I am sure this is part of the reason the sinus bug hit me so hard. LJ and I are having some great heart-to-hearts (some of them are come-to-Jesuses) in the middle of the night in my desperation to sleep for more than 60 minutes at a time!! This is all just preparing me for motherhood, right?

Sleep well tonight, LJ... mother MEANS IT!!


No comments:

Post a Comment