LJ (little jack or little jessica) is still growing strong! We go back in tomorrow for another screening and quick visit with the doctor. I have a growing list of questions about diet/weight gain, fitness, energy level, etc. There is so much information out there in books and online, and it's difficult to get a clear idea on some topics until the doc has a say one way or the other. I am still really exhausted and get worn out quickly, which I assume is completely normal. I am trying to rest as much as possible now... when I have the freedom to do so... before life gets increasingly more complex in August and then again in January!
As much as I hesitated to start on the room, I am so pleased with how it's turned out so far! Once Jack's band schedule starts back up at the end of July, he's virtually unavailable for big projects until November... so we decided to go ahead and get the bulk of the work done now while he's free. He laid a wood floor, painted the walls, and repainted the trim and the door. Thank you Dad for giving us all the extra wood! It looks beautiful and fresh in the room. We will eventually build out the closet for shelving, hanging, and storage, and my dad is refinishing our crib and an antique vanity for use as a changing table. It feels really good to plan and dream about how the room will look. In a way, it soothes much of the worry and doubt that still hangs over our heads at times. A wise friend reminds me constantly that part of keeping myself healthy is allowing myself to plan and dream with an attitude of expectancy.
I met an incredible woman last night who I will be continuing to pray for. She delivered her twin boys in May at 23 weeks. Still alive and celebrating 8 weeks on the earth, they are truly miracle babies, and their ongoing story is faith-inspiring and humbling. This woman's name is Kendra, and her boys are Zachary and Jackson. They will be in the Texas Children's NICU until Labor Day, their original due date. Her advice to me last night: nothing you really ever worry about matters at all, except for a safe and healthy family. If God can bring a family this far, He is capable of carrying everything else too!
And if God cares so wonderfully for the flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, He will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? -- Luke 12:28
My sweet baby - keep fighting and growing, because we are all fighting and praying for you
No comments:
Post a Comment